Walmart will welcome 40,000 associates to deliver for a great holiday season and beyond
At Walmart, we play a special role in helping millions of families across the country bring the holidays to life. From all the hottest gifts to holiday meals and decorations, for many families, the holidays start at Walmart.
To help busy families focus on what matters most this season, we will welcome approximately 40,000 additional associates in a variety of seasonal and full-time roles to our business. This will include:
- Seasonal in-store associates to deliver an exceptional customer experience however they wish to shop, whether in-store or using our pickup and delivery services.
- Full time, permanent truck’s driver, that drive our business forward throughout the year.
- Customer service associates to ensure there is a knowledgeable and friendly voice on the other end of the line in our customer call centers this season.
As we prepare to serve customers this season, we will start, as usual, by offering overtime to current associates who want it. In fact, it’s never been easier for part-time associates to take on extra shifts and create their own schedules with the flexibility they want. After that, we will offer the possibility for those who want to earn extra money to work on a temporary basis.
Whether an associate starts working at Walmart during the holidays or at another time of the year, they can count on opportunities and benefits at any time.
Merry and Bright Futures: Career Journeys Like No Other
Many associates start working at Walmart thinking they’ll be here for a few months, only to find that our culture of learning, developing and growing is unbeatable.
Whether it’s Walmart paying 100% tuition and books through Live Better U, skills development through our Walmart Academies, or our goal to promote from within, one thing is clear: There’s a path for everyone at Wal-Mart.
And we’re committed to helping you get started – on average, entry-level associates are promoted to higher paying roles and more responsibility in just seven months.
In fact, 75% of our US salaried leadership team in stores, clubs and supply chain started their careers as hourly associates, including our CEO Doug McMillon and the CEO of Walmart US John Furner, to name a few. We have a long history of promoting from within, and I’m proud that it continues to be part of our culture.
Spreading Joy Year-Round: Walmart Benefits for Total Well-Being
For associates who choose a career here, working at Walmart means access to a benefits package that empowers eligible associates and their families to take care of their physical, financial and emotional well-being. Some examples :
- Medical coverage starts at $31.40 per paycheck and includes virtual healthcare programs and access to some of the best specialists and facilities in the country.
- Free, confidential counseling sessions with licensed professionals are available to all associates.
- Walmart offers a PTO policy that allows associates to plan their life outside of work, including paid sick days.
- For eligible associates, we also offer 401(k) matching and Associate Stock Purchase Plan matching.
Ultimately, it’s about providing peace of mind for associates and their families.
It’s always the season to invest in associates
We invest in associate compensation throughout the year, including roles that help us deliver a great holiday season.
Our average salary in the United States is over $17 per hour, and many associates earn more depending on their role and market.
Over the past few months, we have increased salaries in areas ranging from Pharmacy technicians to truckers, not to mention that we are building a path to the driver’s seat for our associates through our private fleet development program.
Our associates are at the heart of the holidays and as we approach this season of gratitude, I am grateful to each associate and their dedication to making this a season to remember.
Want to join the Walmart team? Visit careers.walmart.com to find your way.
Comments are closed.